Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tuesday Afternoon Update

Today [Tuesday] I had my very first colonoscopy. Ewww! Since I was asleep for the procedure, I don't remember much. It was the prep the day before that was the hardest. I'll spare the gory details. However, this morning I was 5 pounds lighter...not a recommended weight loss program. The great news is that they did not find anything! They captured a shot of the tumor pressing on my rectal wall, but it had not invaded the bowels.

No solid food again today or tomorrow. However, I feel strong. Okay, tired but strong. We arrive at the Hospital at 6:15 AM for a 7:45 surgery. My sweet mother will spend the night in my room.

Thanks for all your love and prayers. I am certain that they are sustaining me throughout this storm. "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, whose thoughts are fixed on you!" (Isa. 26:3).

Love,

Lenya

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lenya,we see you at church, walking your dog,getting involved,serving others, teaching, and been by your husband side. You are some classy lady, and God loves you just the way you are. From Boston, our prayer is for you to get well. Max and Cathy

    ReplyDelete